Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti:


It's being reported that a powerful earthquake shook Haiti at 6:03am today.

According to reports:


A powerful new earthquake struck Haiti on Wednesday, shaking rubble from damaged buildings and sending screaming people running into the streets only eight days after the country's capital was devastated by an apocalyptic quake.

The magnitude-6.1 temblor was the largest aftershock yet to the Jan. 12 quake. The extent of additional damage or injuries was not immediately clear.

Wails of terror rose from frightened survivors as the earth shuddered at 6:03 a.m. U.S. soldiers and tent city refugees alike raced for open ground, and clouds of dust rose in the capital.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 35 miles (56 kilometers) northwest of Port-au-Prince and was 13.7 miles (22 kilometers) below the surface.

Last week's magnitude-7 quake killed an estimated 200,000 people in Haiti, left 250,000 injured and made 1.5 million homeless, according to the European Union Commission.


Story Continues...

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
    he leadeth me beside the still waters.

    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
    paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the
    shadow of death; I will fear no evil: for thou
    art with me; thy rod and thy staff they
    comfort me.

    Thou preparest a table before me in the
    presence of mine enemies: thou anointest
    my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all
    the days of my life; and I will dwell in the
    house of the Lord for ever.

    ReplyDelete